Thursday, April 19, 2012

Music Business Promotion

album cover artwork for music CD

          My fingers have graced the piano keys since I was 8 years old. Music is my medicine and my sanity. I DJ occasionally at the local college radio station and spend my free time listening and searching out the latest music to hit the scene. Lately, I had the opportunity to work with a prolific local musician and create his CD album insert, case graphics, and cover artwork. This design project resonated with my music aficionado self, and proved to be incredibly rewarding and enjoyable. Born with a musicians sensitive ear, I worked to create artwork that visualized the sounds and style of this musician. 

CD insert featuring regional landscape imagery

        Music business promotion incorporates using visual artwork and marketing material 
to promote musicians in the industry. Upcoming concert flyers, website artwork, band logo and/or imagery, as well as CD album graphic work, are some of the examples of marketing material that those in the music business need. It is my intention to create a niche for myself as a music business promotion graphic designer. I welcome any questions and comments from musicians and bands who need these services.

back of CD 

No comments:

Post a Comment